Toms-Price is a highly respected home furnishings retailer with a history of over 100 years in the Chicagoland area. We are always in search of bright, motivated employees to join our company in many types of jobs. Our Illinois retail stores are in Lincolnshire, Skokie (at Old Orchard Shopping Center), South Barrington (at the Arboretum Shopping Center) and in Wheaton. The company headquarters, distribution center and outlet store are located in Bloomingdale Illinois.
FULL OR PART-TIME INTERIOR DESIGNERS
Are you an interior designer looking for the freedom to manage your career
as your own business? Are you looking for freedom of design that our 100+
manufacturer partners can offer you? Do you want to have a work-life
balance? Are you interested in working only one day of the weekend combined
with weekday hours?
Toms-Price offers employees all these and more! We endeavor to provide
superior design services to our customers and are currently recruiting for
interior designers, for both part-time and full-time positions in all
locations. Candidates must be willing and able to work at least one weekend
day and one evening per week. We offer new employees an hourly rate plus
commission. We also offer experienced hires a higher straight commission
plan if they prefer.
We offer employees the freedom:
- - of design with the choice of 100+ manufacturers
- - to manage your career as your own business
- - to manage your work-life balance by offering both full-time and part-time positions
- - Work directly with customers to facilitate sales
- - Meet minimum sales accountability levels as determined by management
- - Issue price quotes and product information as needed
- - Follow up on all written price quotes as appropriate on a regular basis
- - Maintain awareness of all current store and special manufacturers' promotions
- - Provide follow-up on customers' purchase orders for changes, status checks, cancellations, etc.
- - Enlarge pool of potential customers by word of mouth, emails, direct mail, social media or any other method approved by management
- - Provide superior customer service by contacting customers to ensure design specifications have been met; by communicating with and assisting the Customer Service Department to remedy customer issues as appropriate
- - Maintain customer files, floor plans and other necessary documentation
- - Attend store and manufacturer sales meetings as requested
- - Attend periodic trips to manufacturer's factories or showrooms as requested
- - Stay abreast of design trends within the home furnishings industry
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Please e-mail your resume, with subject line "Resume for Interior Designer", to: Barbara Erickson firstname.lastname@example.org